Our 2018 Awards cycle is now complete. Please select the award below to learn about our winners.
The Ocean Exchange™ offered two incentive awards, underwritten by our Worldwide Sponsors, to outstanding Solutions Creators. The 2018 award winners were selected from 12 finalists who presented at our Event, which was held on October 7 – 9th, 2018. We were also pleased to present the collegiate award, BIG Pitch, for a fourth year.
The WW Orcelle® Award 2018 – Given to the solution that can make our logistic operations more sustainable by advancing high-efficiency or zero-emission technologies that are commercially viable.
The Neptune Award 2018 – Given to the solution that advances our understanding of the ocean and that helps minimize our impact on these resources, even while using them for human benefit, resulting in more resilient bodies of water including healthy marine life and coastlines.
The BIG Pitch 2018– Given to undergraduate and graduate innovations that improve economies, health and the environment, fitting under the theme of sustainability.
Solutions Inspiring Action set themselves apart in two ways:
Feasibility and Ease of Implementation
- Resources needed to implement the solution are readily available
- The solution is cost-effective, or can be made so
- The risks are identifiable, quantifiable, manageable and are minimal compared to the benefits
Breadth of Application
- The conditions that need to be in place for the solution to be introduced are well defined
- The solution is versatile and can be applied and implemented in diverse settings across multiple industries, countries, and culture.